Post optimization is necessary considering search engines ranking. We have to help search engines identify our content easily and fetch it to a user whose query matches our post. It is also important to remember that we don’t only write for humans but also for search engine bots.
Even more so for blogger blogs where they have little advantage SEO wise given what the platform provides compared to WordPress blogs.
Post optimization is otherwise called on-page SEO and when you become used to it, it’s really easy to practise.
It’s very important you get it right because it might just be what you need to push your contents up the ladder in search engine results (SERP).
So now how do you optimize your blog post?
Doing this requires that you follow steps and also maintain a balance as over-applying a step can be harmful.
Let’s go down to what’s required:
- Proper Keyword Research.
- Put keywords in the URL.
- Use the keyword where necessary.
- Image optimization.
Let’s see more details:
- Proper Keyword Research: It all begins with keyword research. Keywords in this context mean those terms or phrases search engine users use when searching for a particular topic.
The whole essence of keyword research is to find what your targeted audience is interested in and search for in search engines.
However, one should be careful that the keywords are not overused which will lead to keyword stuffing.
There are several keywords research too like KeywordEverywhere, SEMRUSH, Google Adwords Keyword and many others.
- Keywords in the URL: Your URL should be SEO friendly. It should contain your exact keyword while omitting unnecessary words in it. It should not be too long and should not contain numbers in the form of dates.
- Use Keyword where necessary: Yes, when necessary. There are places in your post where keywords usage is really important and effective for ranking.
Keywords should be used in the following places:
-Title: Of course, writing about a topic demands a title related to it.
-Heading and Sub-heading: These headings can contain keywords or synonyms which are just fine.
-Title tags: This is what a search engine user sees in the SERP. It should be convincing enough which will determine the Click Through Rate (CTR).
-Meta description: Meta description does not help you rank higher but it can do determine whether a search engine user clicks on your result when it shows up on SERP.
-First 20 words of your post. It could be the exact keyword or a synonym which is quite fine since the introduction of Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI)
-Last 20 words of your post. Synonyms will also do just fine in the closing paragraph of your post.
-Proper interlinking to related posts on your blog. This is also helpful for the overall site as it will reduce the bounce rate.
- Image optimization: Images bring organic traffic too. When including images in your post take time to give it a name that matches your keyword. Another thing is the alternative text, a brief description that contains your keyword should be given too.
After doing everything right, you might not see results immediately. SEO takes time to kick in but it’s worth the effort and time. Just keep optimizing your post it will pay.
NEW UPDATE: If you need more traffic to your website, you can contact me with (+234) 8104094348.
You can also buy my e-book that contains the secrets I have used on 2 of my sites to make more than 100k every month.
I also sell ebook on how to create a PayPal account that sends and receive money in Nigeria.
- The Best Google Adsense Alternative in Nigeria for Bloggers
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY FROM YOUR BLOG IN NIGERIA (What Beginners Should Know)
- MAKING MONEY FROM YOUR BLOG IN NIGERIA – ALL QUESTIONS ANSWERED
- DomainKing Review: Best Hosting Company in Nigeria or not?
- 4 Steps To Optimize Blog Post For Search Engines